http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, January 14, 2005

Get your hustle on.... 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Nena - hotter looking than Linkin Park

Peace to Taj and James who I saw at their Dork Mag party which was actually last night, not Tuesday like I had said earlier this week. I spun for a hot minute but only a set with a bunch of major label promos I had recently received from Def Jam and Cornerstone so I was sounding like Hot 97 lite. Taj did put me up on these joints that I'd never heard while he was on the set though:

- Dwele "Hold On (Remix)" feat. Kanye West & Consequence - this ish is crazy (but I couldn't find an mp3 link). Bol stop frontin' and admit Kanye is a talented, albeit personally flawed, cat.

- MF Doom "Hoe Cakes" - I guess it's not just Nas and Luda bringing back that classic old school beatbox flavor (plus bonus points for the Anita Baker loop). (mp3 via bbc.co.uk)

But this is what I've been playing on repeat for the last couple days - it's like 1965 at Muscle Shoals all over again. Good lookin' to John M. of Prommer Inc. for the advance CD hook-up. (Sharon Jones & the Dap-KingsNaturally is in-stores January 25th)

I'll also be back spinning at Fuelray TONIGHT after a long hiatus. I gotta try and hit a record store though because I haven't picked up 12" wax on any of the music I've talked about on the site since at least October (the last joint I got was a promo of "How We Do").

Hustle Up!

And a new DVD magazine on how to become a hip hop producer.

Are we Disposable Men?

Why Rap Should Be the GOP’s Theme Music.

LCD Soundsystem online player.

Fred Durst - "Ax god"

Jay-Z/Nena "99 Luft Problems" - a cute idea that gets a B-minus for the slightly sloppy execution. (via Pickin' Boogers)

Her Majesty's Pleasure - the fly new t-shirt line by Nick from Pitchfork alternative Justaddnoise.com.

Mariah Carey "It's Like That" - has this former superstar made a comeback (with an assist from JD) or is she now the poor man's Beyonce?

AddThis Social Bookmark Button