http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, December 16, 2004

"What's next - candy crack?" 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I've been stupid busy over the last 2 weeks trying to cram in last minute work before I jet out of town tomorrow so apologies for the lack of posts this week or to anyone who's emailed me recently and not gotten a response yet.

As some of you may have noticed, I've made a few changes to the layout of the site's menu sidebar to get rid of the increasing clutter. I had to do it, the list of links was getting crazy and was only get worse as I have a ton of sites bookmarked that I still need to add.

I've also added a button allowing you to receive Different Kitchen updates on your My Yahoo! page since Yahoo seems to have gotten into the whole RSS syndication thing real big recently.

The sites changes will be ongoing during the holiday break so let me kow what you think. Post frequency might go down during the next couple of weeks but the two things that will happen for sure are the posting of a new "Hot Ish" list for this month (mad late now, I know) and a Best of 2004 list (which should be more accurately described as my favorites of 2004 since I hardly listened to even a majority the most notable releases this year).

Speaking of which though: Prefix mag's The Best Albums of 2004

Queen Amidala's racial gaffe? (Femalefirst.co.uk)

Nadine S. says August Wilson's Gem of the Ocean is fantastic - after winning a Tony for her role in A Rasin in the Sun and getting great reveiws for her work on this play, Phylicia Rashad is on fire right now.

The real Disco Inferno - the story of Chic, one of the greatest bands of all time, excerpted in the UK's Independent newspaper from the book Everybody Dance: Chic and the Politics of Disco, (a permalink to this story?)



K-os "Crabbbuckit" e-card - peep this kid's Joyfull Rebellion album if you're digging the seemingly growing movement of acts, like Andre 3000, Mos Def and The Roots, trying to pioneer a new hip hop-inspired alternative music sound.

Speaking of Mos, here's some links to the first two videos from his much-debated The New Danger album:

- "Ghetto Rock" win: hi | lo real: hi | lo quicktime: hi | lo

- "Sex, Love & Money" win: hi | lo real: hi | lo quicktime: hi | lo

And on the R&B tip real quick:

- I can't front on Mario's "Let Me Love You." He may look like Chris Rock's younger brother (probably not the best look for an R&B singer) but that joint is fire.

- 112's "If I Hit" feat. T.I. is kind of crazy too (albeit biting Usher's "Yeah" pretty hard with a little "Baby Boy" thrown in for good measure) but I couldn't find an mp3 link (UPDATE: link found via RnBSession.com). Def Soul Y'all still need to step your game up though. You're promoing the first single from this group's new album but still have their old album up on your site.

- Speaking of Usher, "Wifey" feat. Pharrell is bananas. This kid won't be falling off any time soon if this is any indication. (mp3 via R&B Session)

The Futureheads - hipsters was talking about these cats a little while back but I'm only just now getting to hear some of their stuff. Punky new wave a la XTC? I'll co-sign it.

Infamous Radio (allhiphop.com)

33 reasons Why you shouldn't post your picture on the internet

Via Street Dreams: the hip hop Apprentice? BTW I didn't post it here but I predicted weeks ago that Jennifer and Kelly would make it to the final in the original The Apprentice airing tonight. But if you think military veteran Kelly is losing to a backstabbing, slacker blonde with a smart mouth and thin track record in this current "war time" climate, you're crazy. (Canyon News)

Candy Chronic hits NYC - hasn't this stuff been around for a while now. I seem to remember it being for sale at the Cypress Hill Smokeout in LA back in 2000 (but maybe that's just due to the trees I was smoking). (New York Daily News)

Santa Mosh

and:

All I want for Christmas (but I'll settle for some rent money)....

AddThis Social Bookmark Button