http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, September 20, 2004

Monday mp3's and more.... 

That was a serious run of news/political posts this weekend since the weather kept me in and I probably won't be able to do as many of them during the upcoming week, but back to some music ish now:

- Jay-Z & R. Kelly - Big Chips (following up on the links last week to "The Return" and "Don't Let Me Die." These two are running this game right now and I need to somehow get all these joints on wax like now.)

- NORE (w/Timbaland on the beats) - Get Down

- Slim Thug & Pharrell - I Ain't Heard

- Young Gunz (w/ Kanye) - Grown man (G.L.)



- The disco-punk thing is kind of dead (and I don't get to spin that stuff out much anyway) although I'm not sure why when there's still some great music coming out like the new Sound of Young New York II compilation album from Plant music. Peep the I:cube/RZA collabo, a 12” extended mix of The Stills already seminal, modern new wave classic (at least to me) "Still in Love Song", !!!'s also classic "Me & Giuliani by the Schoolyard (A True Story)" and The Glass's "Forever." (mp3's courtesy: hiphophavoc.com | hiphopgame.com | TurntableLab.com | Related: The Glass's new wavey/DFA-esque "Won't Bother Me", available on a separate 12", is not bad either)

Fugees reunion? (Allhiphop.com)

New website by my man Shu who's also having an album listening party tomorrow (September 21st) at VERLAINE (110 Rivington Street, at Essex) starting at 10PM.

Moog - the movie.

Afro-Punk, a great movie I mentioned when I first started doing this blog, needs your help.

Dynamism.com - Next Generation Electronic ish from Japan

Is this for real? C'mon...

Hasbians - the ultimate male fantasy? (spotted on the skrufff list | Related: New York magazine on the Hasbian phenom. I guess I'm way late on this one based on the date on this article. | The Word Spy definition)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button