http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, August 27, 2004

Different Kitchen's weekend guide... 

Fuleray, as always, is a go TONIGHT and tomorrow. Fave story from last week's DJ sessions which I don't think I've posted (?) although I got wicked deja vu while typing this:

So Sat. night I'm spinning and around 1-ish, some drunk Spanish dude comes and keeps mumbling asking for salsa music. I tell him I don't have any but that I'll play some reggaeton later (side note: I can't always play that stuff peak hours 'cos, unless it's a heavy latin crowd, too many spanish language records in a row sends cats heading for the exit. Maybe I'm not a good enough DJ yet to freak that ish right yet but despite my predictions that reggaeton is next to blow, it hasn't quite fully crossed over yet. You're safest dropping the Tego remixes of "Lean Back" and "21 Questions" and the NORE reggaton jawns before you start jumping heavvy into ish like Don Omar and Ivey Queen.).

Anyway, it gets closer to the end of the night and it's mostly a lot of latin cats hanging out so I blast off for about 30+ minutes with mad cuts off the Reggaeton Traxx vol. 1 and 2 as well as Baile Reggaeton volume 1 12"s that I have. Dude comes back up and says thanks but then complains that I should have played all that stuff at 1am. Some people are never happy. At least he did say thanks though.

Here some other stuff to check out if you're still too shook to meet the guy behind some of your daily web reading here:

- On Saturday:

SOUL CALL
An Evening with Words and Music


Saturday, August 28


362 West 119 Street, #1
(between Morningside and Manhattan Avenues)
NYC


8:00 pm - 1:00 am
First set starts at 8:45 so come early.


Come and enjoy the end of summer with the musical poetry of Nucomme while Keith Johnston, from the American Theater of Harlem, will take us on a multi-faceted journey and Veronica Williams & Vernon Bush will share their vocal styling and round out a great evening.


As usual, there's going to be plenty of food, snacks stuff and beverages.


An inspirational donation of $15 is requested.


This promises to be another wonderful evening. so, please join us. And don't come alone, bring a couple of friends.




- I don't know this dude, but somehow I'm on his list:

Come see dj destructacon's return to 151 Rivington.

Only the finest rock you've ever heard- nothing that would be in Fred Durst's CD collection [ed note: maybe not, Durst does wear Smiths t-shirts all the time]

Sunday. August 29

@ 151 Rivington
(btwn suffolk and clinton)

9PM - ???

FREE [ed note #2: always good!]

dj destructacon for the '04.....



- And while I've mentioned this one before, here's a reminder for Monday (August 30th):

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Pitch Black Entertainment & SONY URBAN


presents


"The St. Juste Experience"


performing LIVE: Sony recording artist ST. JUSTE


hosted by: PRINCE PAUL | music by: DJ A-VEE


Joe's Pub

425 Lafayette Ave


Doors open 11pm OPEN BAR: 11pm


RSVP: pitchblackmusic@aol.com

201.433.5228


WWW.STJUSTE.COM


I still have a St. Juste sampler to give away to the first person who hits me requesting it but I guess no-one's really checkin'. I swear it's good though. Email me if you want to hear a taste of the latest in neo-alternative soul.

But let's end with a couple quick Olympics notes: "Dream Team"? Damn! And as for the real Dream Team of this Olympics, Italy finally wakes them up. (SI.com)

Have a good weekend, y'all.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button