http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, July 19, 2004

Why I hate blogger | Iran next on Bush's menu? | More yellowcake debate | "Democracy" at work in Afghanistan 

Blogger has a new rich text editor which, depsite having way more features and being theoretically easier to use than the old editor, I am not digging. I had their old system on lock and now I have to waste even more time figuring out this new one and trying to get my posts to look exactly the way I want them to. Maybe it's still a little buggy, but for some reason I am occassionally getting big gaps between the end of my posts and the signature even though I try to edit them out plus now my posts don't always display the "|" charcter which I use all the time in the title section of my posts.

On top of that, my old page scrolling problem seems to be back, at least on my computer (scroll down through all the old posts on the main "current posts" page to see what I mean: if the page cuts off seemingly part way through one of the posts on this site, you have it too). Blogger has a suggested fix which I think they cribbed from this thread in the "Blogger Forum" but it doesn't seem to be working for me this time around. Anyone have any other suggestions or places I can look for a way to fix this? Bear in mind that I am verging on completely inept as far technical knowledge of the internet, HTML etc. goes.

Here's a few news pieces though for those who don't give a f-ck about my site problems:

- Only in Canada: they "ban" Fox News but want to give Al-Jazeera a broadcast license. (The Toronto Star)

- For the love of God, somebody stop him before he decides to invade again. (The New York Times)

- In the rush to hold elections in Afghanistan, basic democratic principles are being wholly ignored or bypassed. (full story from "When Elections Threaten Democracy" in The New York Times)

- While finally, the Niger "yellowcake" scandal rears its head again: William Safire vs. Joseph Wilson. (The New York Times | The Washington Post)

AddThis Social Bookmark Button