http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

Bubblegum Crunk | NORE on the ROC? | The Roots live in NYC tonight 



"Bubblegum Crunk", as Nick Catchdubs termed it a while back (May 25), from Ciara, a new artist who's working with Jazze Pha. Peep her first single “Goodies” produced by the one-man Neptunes of 2004, Lil Jon:

Video
WINDOWS MEDIA: hi | med | lo
REAL PLAYER: hi | med | lo

My only question is: if this track is on Jazze Pha's own brand new label (which I believe it is?), a producer who's been making some noise and is fairly well-respected, what does it say about him when the debut single by his first artist is produced by someone else?! At least get a co-production credit popping for respect purposes like Dre always does.

The man who, arguably, made DJ Shadow famous/relevant is DJ-ing in NYC: James Lavelle live at Cielo this Sunday.

Aaron Wherry's pop (all love) is mp3 blogging now too.

NORE rumored to be jumpin' to the Roc according to Hot 97? I heard he might be out of Def Jam a while back, but why jump there when eventually he'll have Def Jam working his records again anyway if they get big enough?

Aspiring hip hop producers: are you f-cking with the Dynamic Producer conference jumping off at the end of this month in New York?

I'm like a year late on this, but I just found the CD my sister loaned me from back then while cleaning up my bedroom: that Stills song "Still In Love Song" was crackin' wasn't it? Other than a couple other joints though, their Cure meets the Smiths sound wasn't doing much for me.

The Roots performing live for FREE at City Hall Park in New York 7PM TONIGHT.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button