http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Legends play SOB's | Meth vs. Vibe | Is Ja Rule back? | Jay Smooth, the Don Gorgon™ 

Holy Smokes, how did I miss knowing about this?:



I know this show was strictly on the "Dad Rap" tip but anybody trying to front on that line-up of straight-up legends is an asshole. Did anyone make it to this? I need to know what was really good with this jumpoff at SOB's.

On the other hand, I'm not sure what's up with that suspect flyer design biting De la Soul's AOI: Bionix steez (Kev W, holla).

Rawj of the indie hip hop act The Feenom Circle (that I mentioned a couple months back) has his own personal music 'n' politics blog called the Aye train.

A great blog name that I should have thought of: Notoroius B.L.O.G.

Thug banger mp3 of the week (at least until I can get a link for Fat Joe/Terror Squad's "Lean Back") Young Buck feat. 50 cent "Let Me In" (via hiphophavoc.com).

Is Ja Rule back? Hot 97's morning show thinks so based on this collabo "Wonder" w/ Kells. If this is him coming back I don't why he was ousted in the first place because, to my ears, this is just more of the same urban hip-pop that blew him up in the first place. (via hiphophavoc.com)

Props to Jay Smooth, the Don Gorgon™ of this hip hop blog ish, yet again for getting cited in the current issue of Spin magazine (Yeah Yeah Yeahs' cover, p.38) in an article about his hilarious and now infamous "Ghostface or Spam?" post.

BTW, anyone else think it's funny how Johnny Blaze has been disparging Spin's sister rag Vibe calling it the "metrosexual magazine" after they panned his new album Tical 0: The Prequel with a 2½ star review in their current issue. My view on the album? It's aight, a few jawns here and there, but it's uneven and lacks cohesion overall. Plus it can't f-ck with Pretty Toney. Of course, one of the best cuts on it is "Afterparty" which features, who else, Ghostface. (mp3 via hiphopsite.com)

Blogfreaks.com: the blog search engine.

Finally, good lookin' to Nick Catchdubs for putting me up on PhotoBucket which is a great way to host images that you can't link to on your site for Blogger-platform users like me. Blogger has their own service also called BloggerBot but I haven't tried it out yet.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button