http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Friday, April 30, 2004

The real 50 cent | A new Mos Def movie | Masta Killa's masterpiece | The mystery of Blow-Up 

Get the story on the real 50 cent, the BK drug dealer Curtis Jackson copped his name from on the Infamous Times Vol. 1 DVD.

Mos Def stars in Something the Lord Made on HBO.

Dress like the #1 Stunna with the Birdman sneaker by Lugz dropping 5-15-04. (Promo magazine)

Heard on Kay Slay's Drama Hour radio show last night: holy smokes, Masta Killa's" D.T.D. (Do The Dance)" feat. Raekwon & Ghostface, produced by Mathematics and sampling Otis Redding's "Try a Little Tenderness" is off the f-ckin rails. Man I need an mp3 link on that, can somebody help me out? I cannot believe how much hot music is coming out currently. If the albums coming out can match up in quality to these singles, 2004 could be an incredible year for hip hop.

Spotted while reading the new issue of Vibe magazine:

- Kells admits he's basically functionally illiterate. Respek to him for being man enough to go public with this admission.

- And I didn't know that Nina Sky is actually a group, not just one singer (and twin sisters, no less). Question though, I thought this song would be enormous by now but I'm not feeling it everywhere like I thought I would or am I just wrong in this perception?

For my T.dot peoples, once again:

move on up!
HotButtered Soul & ThunderClap Reggae
from the 1960's & 1970's

Special Guests David Judah
& IronWill
with Anousheh

Saturday, May 1
The Cloak&Dagger - 394 College Street

c'est free
c'est chic


And finally, Blow-Up, the classic existential murder mystery helmed by acclaimed Italian director Michelangelo Antonioni that also celebrates 60's mod London, is a great film that I only just saw for the first time this week despite being aware of it for years now. However, the commentary by Peter Brunette, author of The Films of Michelangelo Antonioni, a Professor of English & Films Studies at George Mason University and the chief film critic for indiewire.com, is basically useless at really explaining this arty but odd movie and, trust me, this is one film that really needs a great commentary.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button