http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Thursday, January 29, 2004

Special Police Blotter edition 


Image courtesy: Reuters via The Telegraph UK)

Them Dirty South ridaz sure know how to keep it extra gulley. First Mystikal, Drama, C-Muder, Pimp C of UGK and now Young Turk of the Hot Boyz. (SOHH)

And James Brown again. (Augusta Chronicle)

Or is it just something in the air down south that also got to Faith Evans since she moved down to the ATL to live. (MTV News)

Of course, I say all that the recent news about Spigg Nice of the Lost Boyz wilin' out in New Jerz notwithstanding.

Def Jam jumps on the St. Louis bandwagon (Nelly, Chingy, J-Kwon) with First Draft's "Too Many People" single.

But will they still be able to fix their soundscan sales as alleged in a recently filed lawsuit? Looks like Lyor's jetted just in time leaving everyone else holding the baby. (Los Angeles Times)

So after I dogged Franz Ferdinand (not really, but they kind of caught it during my tirade against the increasingly useless NME yesterday) it turns out Metro Area's Morgan Geist has remixed their new single "Take Me Out" into a supposedly hot punk-funk anthem. Of course the soundcard on my PC is still (amongst other problems) not working so I can't tell you if this is any good myself or not, but, assuming you're into this kind of thing, drop a comment below and let me know if I'm missing anything here. (mp3 sample courtesy: Piccadilly Records Manchester)

Also spotted while I was on the Piccadilly Records site: I mentioned this single way back in September of last year and put it on my 2003 wrap-up list of singles so check out Nina Nixon & Patric C's "Nixxxon Flash" from the Lost Treasures compilation on Make Some Noise. (mp3 sample courtesy: Piccadilly Records Manchester)

And yet even more mp3 action:

Tired of the new Air album already? Download the new Zero 7 track "Home" (also remixed by Stereolab) here (NB: download is not free but 30 second clip is available here).

AddThis Social Bookmark Button