http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, September 30, 2003

Bush White House imploding over leak scandal, Ja Rule comeback and why aren't Tha Rayne bigger? 

Whoa, things look like they are going from bad to worse in the Bush administration right now. The White House is under pressure for possibly breaking laws by leaking the identity of an undercover CIA operative in retaliation for her husband's (former US Ambassador Joesph Wilson IV) challenge of Bush's bogus Iraq WMD claims this summer. Click here for the latest update from MSNBC on this story. I missed this very major developing story but thanks to Dierdra for pointing this one out to me.

Ja Rule has struggled a bit recently with his last album stiffing relative to previous efforts and his rep taking a beating in the streets especially after getting into beef with 50 Cent, the G-Unit and pretty much everyone else who matters this past year. He's gone from the hot MC to everyone's favorite whipping boy as hip hop has veered back to a more hardcore sound away from his R&B-flavored style but I'll be damned if he isn't making a real comeback. He's dropped a couple of heaters recently including "Clap Back" and "The Crown." I don't know if he'll get back his street cred 'cos the game changes so quickly and it's probably going to take more than a couple new heat rocks to get people checking for him again but don't sleep on these tracks 'cos son is doing it for real on these joints.

R&B group Tha Rayne has been out for a minute but I kind of missed connecting their single "Didn't You Know," which I've been hearing in passing for a hot minute and thought was by Amerie, to this group. I'm not sure if this song is happening or not but it's one of my favorite R&B joints right now either way. Click on their site to hear it and props to my man, producer Kay Gee (Zhane, Jahiem, Next, Koffee Brown), for another hot R&B jump-off. (Also props to my man Biggs from Red Hook who passed me the new "Hot Joints 11" mixtape by DJ Jasey Jase of Brooklyn's Cream Team which is how I finally figured out the connection. )

AddThis Social Bookmark Button