http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, August 19, 2003

Welcome to my brand new web log. I've set this up out of boredom but hope something interesting'll come out of it for me and for anybody who somehow manages to stumble upon it and reads whatever I end up posting here.

For my friends who have been inundated with the emails I send out periodically about the debacle in Iraq (or even here), I'll now just add the links here instead and save you some space in your inboxes. Also I hope to put cats up on some cool music and other stuff I came across in my endless surfing on the web so check back as I hope to post at least once a week and maybe more if I can get into a good groove and have enough on my mind or that I've come across that's worth sharing.

In the meantime, I think the Neptunes are dropping their label compilation "Star Trak presents... Clones" with collabos from Kelis, Nas, Busta, Supercat, The Clipse and some other newer artists they're developing tomorrow so check it out here at their official website.

Also, if you're open to checking some slightly different sh!t, look into this kid from England named Dizzee Rascal. He's only 17 (I've heard) but he's mixing UK garage with hip hop beats and rhymes in a way that sounds a lot cooler than you would imagine from that description. For those who liked The Streets (and I was one of them although I had to ignore the ridicuclous "he's the British Eminem" hype he got in the media because it was totally off point. He was more like a John Cooper Clark figure for the UK's Post-Raver generation), this is coming from that angle but more urban and less "Loaded" magazine/larger lout/lad-ish in vibe. I swear that more open-minded Hot 97-type heads over here could get into this kid if they had an opportunity to hear it and gave it a chance to sink in. Then again I though Ms. Dynamite had a shot at blowing up here and, so far, she's sank without a trace (and that wack Nas remix of "Dy-na-mit-ee" I've been hearing isn't helping her any either). Here's a link to Dizzee's website though and you can also listen to mp3's of his newest single on his UK label's (XL) web site here.

AddThis Social Bookmark Button