http://www.blogger.com/template-edit.g?blogID=5698442&saved=true <i>Other Music from a...</i> Different Kitchen <$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Tide presents "Toy Soldiers II" 

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Today's post is brought to you by Tide because the soap opera for teenage boys is back on again.

Y'all already know what it is. While I was blogging about something important last night, little boys were playing "Toy Soldiers" again. Trickology, Hiphopmusic.com and Funkdigi have all the other relevant audio and news links for the bottom trawlers googling "Shooting at Hot 97 radio," "50 disses Game," "Game dropped from G-Unit," "50 cent, Game beef" and similar who ended up here. (mp3 video courtesy Top of the Pops)

My thoughts? Sh-t is disgusting all around, but I really think the whole thing is fake and everyone, including Fat Joe, is in on it (and I'm not the only one who thinks so either). Hip hop = pro wrestling now and 50 is the master of this new game (pun intended). Every blogger, website and magazine (including me) writing about this is playing into 50's hands and doing exactly what he wanted and expected. He knew the buzz on his new album wasn't where it needed to be but now, because of this, his name is ringin' off in the streets EVERYWHERE two days before his album is set to drop. You figure it out.

On the off chance this is actually real though, Flex - what happened to taking the high road? Game - you reap what you sow and Joe, you are Nostradamus. Kris Ex disagrees with folks taking my position, but I still have to admit that he was a funny muh'fccker for posting this Game lyric "Now I'm fcckin with 5-0" earlier (though now redacted) with the comment "it's all startin' to make sense" although isn't it actually the other way around?

See you at the rally?

I'm done with it, on to other sh-t....

Wistful nostalgia as I put on my rose-tinted Cazals - party flyers from when hip hop was "pure." (via BoingBoing)

Weekly Vinyl

Hey Kanye, you asked....

"Let's live this African American dream" - props to Jamie Foxx (and Morgan Freeman) no doubt, but this is the biggest story in the movie industry this week as far as black folks go. And fcck the critics, I thought Chris Rock was pretty close to being as funny as he could get within that tight-ass Oscar award show format.


AddThis Social Bookmark Button